There are two further opportunities to get involved at consultation meetings on the Stamford Hill Area Action Plan before it goes to the Hackney Council Cabinet in January 2017, when it will be put out for wider consultation.
These are open to all and free to attend: –
Thursday 3 November
Stamford Hill Community Centre, Stamford Hill Estate, London N16 6RS
Sunday 6 November
Oak Tree Community Centre, 77 Bethune Rd, London N16 5ED
The Council and consultants have issued an Interim Report available here which gives an idea of the current thinking.
The issues seen as facing the area include:
– The need for accommodation for single people and large families
– The potential for all-round improvement of Stamford Hill Broadway
– The introduction of ‘character areas’
– The need to regularise shopping streets and areas like Dunsmure Road and Oldhill Street
– Areas identified for small-scale housing development
– How to improve representation the on the Area Action Plan panel
– Concerns about the need to house more residents and development ‘intensification’
In the meantime if you have any questions your are invited to call Sue Cooke AAP at Hackney Council on 020 8356 7740